LEX KIDS UNLIMITED
SPECIAL NEEDS MINISTRY OF LBC
What is Lex Kids Unlimited?
Lex Kids Unlimited is the Special Needs Ministry of Lexington Baptist Church. It serves as a place where children have the freedom to have fun and experience Christ-like love.
Who will Lex Kids Unlimited serve?
Lex Kids Unlimited will serve children and families who are impacted by special needs.
What are the goals of this ministry?
- We desire to create an environment where every child feels safe and is pointed to Jesus.
- We want to build trust with families of children with special needs so they will feel free to participate in their own Sunday School classes and worship.
Why was this ministry established?
There is a need! Around 19% of all Americans have been diagnosed with a disability of some kind. There is huge potential to engage this population in Lexington County.
What is currently available through Lex Kids Unlimited?
- The sensory room at Lexington Baptist Church will make available toys and tools that will engage children in gross motor play, satisfy a sensory need or provide a quiet area free of the visual and auditory distraction that naturally occur in children’s ministry. After meeting their sensory needs, the children are integrated back into the typical small group. This room is to be used by children whose families have gone through our special needs orientation and whose parents have approved and directed our use of this room.
- As determined by parents, special needs buddies are available to assist children who may benefit from one-on-one care.
- Our greatest desire is to understand every child’s unique abilities and specific ways we can serve their families. For this reason, we will offer a private orientation and building tour to allow parents to express individualized needs to ministry directors.
- Special training for our volunteers and accommodations within the typical classroom will be provided.
How do I enroll my child?
Enrollment packets are available at the Lex Kids information desk during regular church programming as well as during office hours Monday- Thursday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Orientation may be scheduled by emailing Kristen King at email@example.com
How can I get involved?
We are currently seeking individuals who display love, creativity and patience and who believe children with special needs can love God and serve their world. To volunteer, please contact Maegan Bolding at firstname.lastname@example.org.