Children from birth through 5th grade
All About Lex Kids
- The LBC Children’s Ministry, Lex Kids, is a part of the bigger vision of the church for families. As a part of Next Generation Ministries, we exist to partner with families on their journey to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
- Lex Kids is all about introducing kids to Jesus & His Word and connecting with families as they continue on the adventure of following Christ. Each week our kids experience a dynamic one-two punch from their church experience which includes a creative & age appropriate large group time with worship & Bible teaching as well as small groups that focus on making personal connections & life application of the Bible lesson.
- Lex Kids Preschoolers meet downstairs in the Children’s Ministry Building and consist of children birth through 5-year-old kindergarten. This area is characterized by low teacher/child ratios, active play, and the Bible being taught through stories, songs with hand-motions and live/video productions.
- Lex Kids Elementary consists of 1st-5th graders. They meet upstairs in the Children’s Ministry Building. This area is characterized by high-impact energy, fun and engaging teaching/worship, and intentional small groups. A fun environment is the setting for kids to build strong relationships with each other, and their leaders, all while learning about God. Our elementary small groups are gender and grade-specific.
- Click HERE to check out what we’re learning this month
Where do I go?
Enter our church through the glass doors along Creps Street and visit the information center.
How do I check in?
We have a whole team of people ready to meet you! Our greeting team will get you checked in, answer any questions you may have, and escort you to the right place.
Want to save time? You can go ahead and complete the check-in form and submit it here.
How do you keep my child safe?
- Every child and parent receives a matching nametag with a security code for pick-up.
- Every volunteer goes through an application process with a full background check.
- Allergy alerts are visible for parents and volunteers.
- Our preschool and elementary hallways are monitored through cameras and security personnel.
How do you handle promotion?
- Nursery / Movers / Toddlers
Generally these room transitions are based upon physical development and proficiency in crawling/walking.
- 2 Years to 5th Grade
Once your child turns 2 years old, transitions follow the school calendar. We will transition all of our children ages 2 -5th grade on Promotion Sunday at the beginning of the school year.
What time do I drop off?
Our incredible team members will be ready for your child 15 minutes prior to any service time. Here is our current worship schedule for children, birth through 5th grade:
9 and 10:30 a.m.
6 to 7 p.m.
6:30 to 7:30 p.m.