We believe that foundational truths can be absorbed in even the first days of life. For this reason, we work to direct children toward Jesus as soon as they enter our nursery for the first time. This starts with nursery volunteers that pray over our babies. Before they begin to walk, we teach them that God loves them, God made them, and he made the great big world around them. Our nursery workers see their jobs as leaders, and not childcare providers.
- Lexington Baptist Church’s Cradle Care Ministry exists to walk beside families who are expecting or adopting in our church and community. Once registered in Cradle Care, each family is paired with a Cradle Care Team Member to pray for them, care for them and to communicate with throughout the pregnancy or adoption process, birth, and baby dedication.
- The Cradle Care Ministry sponsors two dinners each year for new and expectant parents. The dinner is designed for parents to meet and get to know each other. A special guest speaker will share thoughts on Christian parenting, and we will introduce you to Lex Kids, the children’s ministry of Lexington Baptist Church. Register for this free event by emailing Kristen King.
- We have a saying down our preschool halls… “We don’t do childcare.” Everything we do has a distinct purpose in preparing every child to know Jesus personally.
- Our preschool leaders create a safe, meaningful, and fun experience for your preschooler. This often involves jumping, singing, creating, dancing, and playing. It is our greatest desire that every preschooler will know that:
- God loves them
- God made them
- Jesus wants to be their friend forever
- Before our kids head on to middle school, we want them to understand that:
- I can trust God no matter what
- I need to make the wise choice
- I should treat others that way I want to be treated
Sunday Morning at a Glance
- Welcome- every child is greeted by a small group leader in their grade and gender specific classroom. The small group will participate in an ice-breaker and introductory activity before heading to large group
- Large Group- We gather our elementary kids for a large group experience where we use props, media, music, and drama to bring the Bible story to life for our kids.
- Small Group Time- After large group, our small groups head back to their classrooms where we focus on life application through the context of relationships. Every child is assigned to a grade and gender specific small group with a loving, consistent adult leader.
Wednesday Nights at a Glance
Join us Wednesday nights as we go deeper and explore how we are wired to worship, wired to grow, wired to serve, and wired to have fun!
Every Wednesday night, 6:15-7:15 in the Children’s Building!
We Believe is an unique gospel presentation for kids and their parents. This one-time class is for all those who are exploring or have recently accepted Jesus as their personal Savior. This class is a prerequisite for baptism for kids at LBC.